Effective date: January, 2020
Welcome to Focccus ("Focccus," "we," "us" or "our"). Focccus is a new vision and approach to photography industry supported by a proprietary peer-to-peer distributed network based on PUBLIQ Protocol. Just snap a photo & publish it. Published photos will be available to all applications based on PUBLIQ Protocol. The photographer gets instant rewards according to photo views and usage on those applications.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your email address when you register for a Focccus account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture,). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on Focccus.
- User Content (e.g., photos,) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Focccus. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related emails.
- We might use analytics tools to help us measure `usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the profile pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Focccus.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo) and title. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors and traffic
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the Focccus application on your device
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Focccus (or the group of companies of which Focccus is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Focccus is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public. Once you have shared User Content that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you post is searchable by other Users and subject to use on PUBLIQ Protocol based blockchain applications.
- The User Content or other information that you post to the Service, will always remain viewable and unchangeable on the Service.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards..
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your User Content collected through the Service is stored and processed on PUBLIQ Blockchain and its distributed storage. Your account information (e.g. profile photo, name, email) are stored and processed at Service Providers maintain facilities.
- We use reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as providing a safe link directly to your email and requesting a unique password backed only by recovery phrase) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Focccus, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Focccus make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your profile photo and name at any time by logging in.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
6. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
7. HOW TO CONTACT US